Resources for Anticoagulation Practitioners
American College of Chest Physicians
- The American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP) is a medical specialty society of physicians, surgeons, allied health professionals, and individuals with PhD degrees who specialize in diseases of the chest: pulmonology, cardiology, cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgery, hypertension, critical care medicine, and related disciplines.
- The Anticoagulation Forum is an organization of anticoagulation clinics in North America. One of the features of this site is a directory that will allow you to search for an anticoagulation clinic/specialist in your area.
Anticoagulation Therapy Management Certificate Program
- The University of Southern Indiana School of Nursing and Health Professions is offering an interactive Internet continuing education program for health care professionals, who want to develop the knowledge and skills necessary for effective, coordinated anticoagulant therapy management. Continuing education credits vary based on discipline. The course is offered five times a year and costs $500.
- BloodLine is a good resource for healthcare professionals. The site provides publications on topics relating to hematology and oncology.
ClotCare Online Resource
- ClotCare provides information for clinicians and patients/caregivers on anticoagulation topics such as Coumadin, warfarin, anticoagulant medications, blood clots, DVT, PT, INR, cancer, thromboembolism, atrial fibrillation, and antithrombotic therapy.
Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
- JCAHO Mission: To continuously improve the safety and health-related quality of care provided to the public through the provision of health care accreditation and related services that support performance improvement in health care organizations.
National Certification Board for Anticoagulation Providers (NCBAP)
- In order to optimize the care of patients receiving anticoagulant therapy, the mission is to develop, maintain and protect the Certified Anticoagulation Care Provider (CACP) credential and the certification process.
National Quality Forum
- The National Quality Forum (NQF) is a private, not-for-profit membership organization created to develop and implement a national strategy for healthcare quality measurement and reporting.
- This is a free web site to help providers and other clinicians begin warfarin therapy by estimating the therapeutic dose in patients new to warfarin. This site is supported by the Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center, the NIH, and donations. Estimates are based on clinical factors and (when available) genotypes of two genes: cytochrome P450 2C9 (CYP2C9) and vitamin K epoxide reductase (VKORC1).
Resources for Hospital Based Anticoagulation Clinics
American Society of Health-System Pharmacists - Anticoagulation Resource Center
- This is a resource helping with the safe management of anticoagulation. Recent advances and events in therapeutic issues, standards, and regulations have demonstrated the need for increased pharmacy involvement with anticoagulation patient management. ASHP's Anticoagulation Initiative: Promoting Patient Safety through Education, Practice, Policy, and Advocacy Resource Center is a compilation of materials helpful to you in practice.
*Disclaimer: Since medical developments occur daily, this page may contain outdated material. While Medimatics, developers of CoagTrak®, makes every reasonable effort to present current and accurate information, no guarantee of any kind is made. Medimatics’ is not liable for any damage or loss related to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information contained on this page.
Still Can’t Find What You’re Looking For?
Mailing Address: 45 Turner Drive, Middletown, NY 10941
CoagTrak® is user friendly and allows printing of dosing calendars to help with medication compliance. Quick INR result transmission to our warfarin team allows timely patient instruction. Having the ability to create practice performance, missed INR appointments, and patient summary reports helps us to accomplish increased INR time in therapeutic range and better patient outcomes. CoagTrak® gives us an advantage to provide the highest quality cardiovascular care available as it relates to warfarin management.
- Shannon Rodrigue, Telemetry and Coumadin Team Leader
Cookies help us improve your website experience.